Find out, if there is still something for you to learn ;)!
Level 0 “Java?”
- You can make minor changes to a simple script, slab copy-pasted scripts from the internet onto your page and test scripts with an alert()-call.
Level 2 “I've made a page and this is the script”
- You can write simple functions and make calls to them. You can debug scripts with console.log(). You know what an array is and when to use one.
Level 3 “I proudly use jQuery”
- You know how to attach scripts to events properly.
- You are able to write and work with “plain objects”.
- You know why eval() is evil, and you know who the evil twin sisters of eval() are.
Level 4 “Hold on, I'm stepping through my code in FireBug”
- You can write fairly complex functions and “subfunctions”.
- You have a fair understanding of what closures are, and what good they'll do.
- You have a deep understanding of what can be done on which browser, and what can't.
This is your current level? Get in touch if you want to push your skills to the next level! firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 5 “My code is JSLint-proof”
- You can write pluggable and well-maintainable code with anonymous functions in complex constructs.
- You have a fair understanding of how a framework works internally, and why things work (or don't) work the way they do.
- At some point in the past you ended up writing some sort of framework yourself.
Apply to email@example.com
- You have a blog or other online resource with up-to-date resources that are actually useful.
- Every now and then, you invent some new technique that no one else has thought of.
- You can write complex algorithms such as parsers/lexers, artificial intelligence, game theory, statistics, and algebra.
You are the needle in the hay we are looking for!