DevOps Engineer Job Amsterdam: DevOps Engineer, ElasticSearch, Memcached, Client Server Architecture,REST API, Chef, Puppet, AWS
DevOps Engineer - Build a Unique Product on Global Level for Millions of Users!
Ever thought about working in the Broadcast Industry for a young Music TV channel? As DevOps Engineer this company is giving you the chance to make your way into this exciting, ever evolving and highly technological field of expertise. They reach over 15 million households (Germany, Netherlands and Belgium), targeting teens and young adults.
The DevOps Engineer position is a hands-on technical position with a full range of responsibilities to evolve and support the applications infrastructure. These responsibilities include all aspects of computing infrastructure, data center operations planning and implementation for an release cycle. As DevOps Engineer you will be working for an existing product as well as for a brand new one they are launching this year. You will collaborate with Managers, Developers and Testers.
At this company you are more then welcome to use your professional skills for improving and automating technical processes, dealing with high load and scalability, reaching new quality standards in Software Development.
- To use AWS instruments to develop automation and monitoring geared towards web application life cycle management
- To automate, to automate, to automate
- To provide Application required 3rd party subsystems in a scalable, fault tolerant model, ex. ElasticSearch, Memcached
- To document and to manage supported Application Interactions with 3rd party Subsystems
- Managing their (cloud) storage environment including full redundant strategy.
- Maintain our in house and co-location server rooms
- To build high scalability and availability to support their international expansion
- To participate in development of DR/BC plans, policies, and procedures
- Strong understanding of client-server architecture and REST APIs
- 4+ years of infrastructure experience
- 2+ years hands on experience with AWS
- Automation & orchestration expertise with Chef, Puppet is a plus
- Experience working on a modern SaaS application
- Hands on experience with cloud based application deployment patterns: Container based, image based, red-black roll-outs, etc.
- Technical knowledge of OpenStack
- Strong Knowledge of Scripting Language (Ruby, Python, Perl)
- Docker & Dockerhub
- Mongo DB
- Mac OS
- Load balancing / reverse proxying / security with HAProxy
- Automated build and deployments with GitHub/Jenkins/DockerHub/etc
- Good English skills
- Personal skills
Is this what you’re looking for? Meet me for a coffee or send me a message via email@example.com